Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Cryptocurrency Mining and Cryptonight

So I've been gone forever and have once again neglected my blogging. Sometime you just lose yourself in other things. I've been researching bitcoin mining and other cryptocurrency mining.

Basically you can't mine bitcoin unless you have an asic miner. These are dedicated mining rigs that have several processors and run a torn down version of Linux. They can have a hash rate of 1.1gh/s to 1.4th/s. The lower hash rate miners can be setup in a cluster to achieve a higher hash rate. You can also do this with the higher hash rate machines and mine even more. Ultimately you could make money from asic machines, but good luck getting your hands on one. They're fairly difficult to find brand new. Butterfly labs doesn't look like they're shipping and basically all you're going to find on short notice is a used unit.

So recently I've been looking into other options for mining. It led me to alternate cryptocurrencies. You can easily mine these alt currencies by doing a quick search on google to find a list, or go to Wiki's List. There you can decide on what you want to mine and do the research! It's key! But anyway, this brings me to my next item. Its a little piece of software that you can use on pretty much any modern computer. This is Minergate, and no they didn't pay me to mention their site or software. In any case it's a nice way to ease yourself into mining. It can turn any computer into a miner with ease. You can network multiple computers together and mine. Although only a short list of currencies are available.
Minergate Main Interface
The current version of the software runs on all platforms and operating systems. This includes windows, mac and Linux. They have a GUI version and a command prompt version. The command prompt version uses less resources but doesn't have the rewards feature like the GUI version. In the GUI version of the software, there's a reward/achievements section. Here you can earn achievements and possibly win a reward. So overall it's worth checking out if you want to get into mining.
https://minergate.com

So yeah folks I'm back for good now so I'll be posting more content this week. Topics related to trading currency and getting a revenue network setup.


4 comments:

  1. Truly, the best blog I have ever perused. Went gaga for this at the principal locate.
    Kucoin exchange review

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to recommend exclusively fine plus efficient information and facts, hence notice it:
    ビットコイン

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't clarify the emotions I had while perusing this blog. I was totally entranced.
    Mason Soiza

    ReplyDelete
  4. We need all the more such articles that we can read with such excitement.
    bitcoin trading platform

    ReplyDelete